It is in the harbour. The symbol of city is constructed as octagonal which depends on 13th century Seleucids.Building had been built by theSeleucids Sultan “Ebu Ali Reha el Kettani” who also constructed Sinop Castle. The name of Kızılkule comes from the building construction during the transportation of red bricks. Because the red bricks were difficult to carry, the upside of the building was covered with the bind red bricks.That’s why it is called as “Kızılkule.” In the walls of towel,marble blocks can be seen which remained from the ancient time. The wideness of each octagonal wall is 12.5m and the length of towel is 33m, diameter is 29m. There are five floors inside together with the ground floor. In order to climb the steps of upside the Towel, high-sparced stairs are used which is about 85 stairs. The sunshine of the towel reaches until the first floor from the top floor. There is also a Tank in the middle ofthe Towel. The Towel had been used to protect the harbour and the shipyard for some attacks which would come from the sea. In 1950, the towel had beenrepaired and the first floor turned to the ethnography museum and opened to visit in 1979.
The length of Bulwarks are nearly 6.5km in Alanya tower. It is on a Peninsula which is in the highness of 250m from the sea. The location in Alanya Peninsula reaches until the times of Hellenistic age and the tissue of the history is a part of Seleucids in 13th century. The towel made by Alaaddin Keykubat in 1221. He took the city and rebuilt it.The castle has 83 towels and 140signs.To provide the needs of water, nearly 400 tanks were put in there. Today, some of them can be used.Towels were built as planned in Ehmedek, İçkale, Adam Atacağı, Cilvarda,Arap Evliya Burcu and Esat Burcu. At the top of Peninsula, There have been a Citadel which seized on an open museum. The Sultan “Alaaddin Keykubat” was built his palace at this place. The location still continues in the castle today.In front of the wooden historical houses, soft and cotton textiles can be seen, also water bowls are painted by people in different figures.In the small gardens,authentic meal service are given to the guests. In addition, restaurants and cafeterias can be seen down the road while climbing the Castle, and the hillside of the harbour . Vehicles are open to Castle traffic or it is possible to reach there by walking nearly 1 hour.
Süleymaniye Mosque was built by the Selecuid Sultan “Alaaddin Keykubad” in 1231 during the redesign of the towel which has been made outside the İçkale, but later the Mosque was collapsed and in 16th century it had been rebuilt by Kanuni Sultan Süleyman at the Ottoman Period.Single Minaret mosque is called with the name of Alaaddin, Towel or Süleymaniye Mosque. The construction is from stone and square planned. There is a dome which designed with tile upon the octogonal cylinder. In order to provide the acoustic of the towel , 15 small cubes were located above it. During the worship, this feature has revealed. The last troop area is covered with three domes on all fours. The hatches of doors and windows are the examples of wooden sculpture workmanship at the Ottoman period.
Damlataş cave was found during the workings of Stone pit to use for the harbour constructive in 1948.The cave is in the west coast of historical Peninsula.In the entrance part of the cave, there is a parrade which is nearly 50m. The highness is about 15m. After the parrade, there is a cylindrical space which lies through the floor.The stalactites and stalagmites are occured in 15 thousand years. Because of having water trickles upside the cave, it was called as “Damlataş” . It is also famous for the air which has benefit for the Asthma patients. Patients have chance to cure their illness here with the doctor’s control in 21 days. The weather of cave is stable in both summer and winter seasons.The temperature is 22 C., moısture is %95,static pressure is 760mm. There is %71 Nitrogen, %20.5 oxygen, 2.5 carbon dioxide in 10thousand and a number of radioactivities and ions can be seen. The entrance is not free into the cave.There is a small bazaar around it and the front is beach.
Alanya has established in a small Peninsula which has Toros Mountains in the north and Mediterranean in the south . Because it has in the border of Kilikya and Pamfilya in the ancient times, Alanya had been ranked between sometimes Pampilya or Kilikya. Kilikya takes two different regions because of its geographical characters.The East side of Kilikya is “Ovalık” , the west side is “Dağlık Kilikya” . Kilikya word has known as “Chalaka” in Hittit texts M.Ö 16.yy. In 15th century, Ovalık Kilikya was called as “Qedi” and “ Dağlık Kilikya was called as “Clalaka” in Egypt and Assyrian sources.
The Süleymaniye mosque is near in the towel. In 14th or 15th century, Bedesten was constructed as bazaar or hostel at the Karamanoğulları period. The shape is rectangular planned which made by cutting stones. It has a huge yard which includes 26 rooms and its wideness is 13m and highness is 35m.This historical architecture is used as hotel,restaurant and cafeteria today. In the garden, there is a huge tank which has stairs . The sight of the garden has the view of castle bulwarks and Toros mountains and nice beaches to the Mediterranean.It is possible to see by taking a permission from the Bedesten keeper.
After Seleucid Sultan “Alaaddin Keykubat” took the city, the construction started in 1227 and was finished in one year. The aspect of shipyard which consists of five arched eyes is 56.5m, and the deepness is 44m. The place choosen for the shipyard was planned to have benefit from the sunshine. The scripture carries the emblem of Sultan Keykubat and figured with the badges. Alanya shipyard is the first shipyard of Seleucids in Mediterranean. Alaaddin Keykubat was called as “the Sultan of the two seas” because he also built “ Sinop shipyard” in Blacksea. There is a mosque in one side of the shipyard and the other side has a guardian room. The entrance is free